Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Location: Finance & Administration, FBC Building Society
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the above named position that has arisen at Finance & Administration, FBC Building Society.
- Ensuring timely preparation and submission of periodical and adhoc statutory returns to RBZ and Deposit Protection Corporation.
- Preparing monthly management accounts and statutory financial statements.
- Monthly preparation of cost centre reports ensuring the adequacy and integrity of the Society’s financial and accounting systems and procedures.
- Guiding branches and all system users on the internal processes and appropriate treatment of transactions in the general ledger and in other systems
- Working with the Accountant and Finance Director in reviewing processes and procedures to identify and curb business risks as well as streamline processes to improve operational efficiency.
- Interrogating process flows for new banking products to ensure transparency in accounting treatment of all automated transactions and passing recommendations to the Accountant and Finance Director.
- Staff supervision.
- Maintenance of up to date fixed asset registers and liaising with internal auditors and external auditors during audits.
- Ensuring the authenticity, accuracy and completeness of all supporting documentation which substantiate business transactions
- Checking documentation submitted for payments processing to ensure validity of payment.
- Projects accounting and reviews.
Supervising other Administration Department functions which include;
- Premises maintenance: ensuring the maintenance of a conducive and safe working environment; adherence of facilities to minimum regulatory requirements e.g. Harare City Council and NSSA statutory instruments.
- Equipment maintenance: servicing of fixtures and fittings in line with recommended manufacturers’ guidelines to obtain maximum value from the assets.
- Procurement of goods and services.
- Motor vehicle fleet management.
- Supervision of tenants.
- Identifying and incorporating effective and efficient cost cutting measures for the administration department without compromising quality.
- Reviewing of suppliers’ profiles, conducting quality checks, and passing recommendations for tenders.
- Negotiating trading terms with suppliers – establishing and maintaining good vendor and customer relations; perusal of service contract documents and negotiating terms.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Accounting degree
- Significant progress towards the attainment of a Professional qualification in accounting field e.g. CA, ACCA, CIS, CIMA
- 4 years’ work experience with at least 2 years at supervisory level in accounting field
- Strong accounting background
- Class 4 driver’s license
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Good writing and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate at all levels
- Good analytical skills for financial and business information
- Persuasive negotiation skills
- Proactivity and strong ability to identify solutions to business problems
- Computer literacy
- In depth appreciation of business information systems and accounting software packages
- Proficiency with Microsoft office packages i.e. Ms Excel, Ms Word and Outlook
- High levels of ethics and integrity
Interested candidates are to send their applications and CVs via e-mail to email@example.com by no later than 31 March, 2021 clearly marked:
Assistant Accountant: Finance & Administration, FBC Building Society