Monday, July 5, 2021
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the above named position that has arisen at Group IT & MIS Division.
- Primarily working on the Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange environment, providing support and administration
- Developing, implementing and configuring enterprise level solutions such as Microsoft Hyper-V server infrastructure, upgrades and migration strategies
- Contributing to the research, evaluation, and implementation of new or improved information security software or devices; as well as evaluation of vendor services and products
- Providing recommendations regarding emerging standards, usage patterns, architecture and best practice to keep the group’s Technologies current.
- Identifying appropriate technology needed to solve specific problems to improve organizational operations and service delivery.
- Planning, implementing, configuring, managing, monitoring and optimizing Microsoft Windows server infrastructure.
- Managing user and group accounts to meet security and resource access requirements;
- Providing fault tolerance and disaster recovery methodology and IT policies;
- Diagnosing and resolving faults efficiently and promptly.
- Working closely with vendors and support partners on Server sizing, capacity planning, performance tuning and problem solving to ensure service availability and peak performance.
- Leading the effort on server consolidation and implementing high available strategies.
- Implementing efficient, cost effective technical solutions which involve diverse platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Collaborating and providing direction and guidance to other System Engineers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Certified Cisco Network Associate(CCNA)
- 2 years’ experience in designing, architecting, implementing and managing enterprise architecture solutions in a complex environment (i.e. multi business unit, multi location)
- Demonstrated experience leading a team including superior mentoring and coaching skills
- More than 2 years hands on experience designing, implementing, supporting, configuring and Optimising Microsoft Infrastructure.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills appropriate for communicating with non- technical functions and with all levels of management across the global enterprise.
- Server Architecture design and support skills.
- Strong analytical and judgement skills.
- Strong Leadership and project management skills and ability to manage and influence others in a Matrix organisation.
- Excellent documentation skills, communication skills and ability to interact effectively with users, outside vendors and other IT teams.
- Server clustering, Server consolidation and high availability skills and practice.
- Hands-on and in-depth skills in installing of Intel based servers, Microsoft Operating systems
- Knowledge of Web enabled technologies and tools.
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems.
- Familiarisation with CISCO networking
- Knowledge of Internet technologies including VPN, Firewalls and Web hosting environments and directory services, as well as LAN, WAN and Wireless infrastructure.
Interested candidates are to send their applications and CVs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5 July, 2021 clearly marked:
Microsoft Systems Engineer: Group IT & MIS Division, FBC Holdings