Location: Projects, FBC Building Society
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the above named position that has arisen at Projects, FBC Building Society.
• Formulating periodic project schedules for use by site teams to direct them on tasks to be undertaken on a weekly/monthly basis
• Interpreting all technical drawings and ensuring adherence to such on implementation.
• Ensuring that all projects/construction is done as per agreed project timelines through close monitoring of progress.
• Anticipating any delays in project construction and coming up with recommendations to avoid such delays where feasible.
• Allocating resources and ensuring that required resources are on site in time to prevent any delays.
• Assessing and ascertaining all materials to ensure that they meet prescribed quality standards.
• Undertaking all process quality checks in accordance with the management plan and ensuring that all relevant checklists are duly completed and properly documented and filed.
• Ensuring Legislative compliance where applicable e.g. NSSA, Municipalities etc.
• Carrying out all process quality checks as per management plan and ensuring relevant checklists are completed and filed.
Education and Experience Required for the Job
• BSc Civil Engineering from a recognized University
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in a Building and Civil Engineering environment and exposure to construction of buildings and civil works.
• Graduate Membership of Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers.
Competencies & Skills
• Knowledge of best practice construction technologies
• Accuracy in setting out and interpretation of technical specifications
• Ability to make quick decisions.
• Thorough knowledge of quality of building materials.
• Effective communicator.
• Ability to work under immense pressure to meet set deadlines.
• Computer literacy skills in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project an advantage.
Interested candidates are to send their applications and CVs via e-mail to email@example.com by no later than 11 May, 2021 clearly marked:
Assistant Engineer: Projects, FBC Building Society
Location: Treasury, FBC Building Society
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the above named position that has arisen at Treasury, FBC Building Society. Candidates should be below 25 years of age.
- Preparing daily Position reports accurately as per approved processes.
- Preparing Treasury reports including Maturities Ladder, Cash flow report.
- Generating Branch cash holding position and other reports that aid in liquidity management.
- Capturing of deals in Treasury Dealing system, ensuring that roll overs, payments and new deals are captured accurately as per SLA and observing KYC/AML requirements.
- Generating reports of forex related transactions daily to ensure compliance with RBZ regulations.
- New Business development; retain existing customers and develop new business relationships, cross sell FBC products through customer visits and entertainment.
- Preparing sales reports and other business development related reports.
- Gathering and sharing relevant market intelligence including Market Position.
- Developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all relevant stakeholders
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
- A commercial degree with a 2.1 degree pass.
- Above average Mathematical / statistical prowess, A-level mathematics preferred
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong mathematical competencies
- Excellent communication and correspondence etiquette.
- Strong negotiation and quick decision making.
- Emotional maturity and ability to work under pressure.
- Networking and relationship management ability.
- Self-starter and Team player.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Organised and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and multitask.
- Computer skills in MSc office programmes.
- Service oriented
Interested candidates are to send their applications and CVs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 20 April , 2021 clearly marked:
Trainee Dealer: Treasury, FBC Building Society
Location: Finance & Administration, FBC Building Society
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the above named position that has arisen at Finance & Administration, FBC Building Society.
- Ensuring timely preparation and submission of periodical and adhoc statutory returns to RBZ and Deposit Protection Corporation.
- Preparing monthly management accounts and statutory financial statements.
- Monthly preparation of cost centre reports ensuring the adequacy and integrity of the Society’s financial and accounting systems and procedures.
- Guiding branches and all system users on the internal processes and appropriate treatment of transactions in the general ledger and in other systems
- Working with the Accountant and Finance Director in reviewing processes and procedures to identify and curb business risks as well as streamline processes to improve operational efficiency.
- Interrogating process flows for new banking products to ensure transparency in accounting treatment of all automated transactions and passing recommendations to the Accountant and Finance Director.
- Staff supervision.
- Maintenance of up to date fixed asset registers and liaising with internal auditors and external auditors during audits.
- Ensuring the authenticity, accuracy and completeness of all supporting documentation which substantiate business transactions
- Checking documentation submitted for payments processing to ensure validity of payment.
- Projects accounting and reviews.
Supervising other Administration Department functions which include;
- Premises maintenance: ensuring the maintenance of a conducive and safe working environment; adherence of facilities to minimum regulatory requirements e.g. Harare City Council and NSSA statutory instruments.
- Equipment maintenance: servicing of fixtures and fittings in line with recommended manufacturers’ guidelines to obtain maximum value from the assets.
- Procurement of goods and services.
- Motor vehicle fleet management.
- Supervision of tenants.
- Identifying and incorporating effective and efficient cost cutting measures for the administration department without compromising quality.
- Reviewing of suppliers’ profiles, conducting quality checks, and passing recommendations for tenders.
- Negotiating trading terms with suppliers – establishing and maintaining good vendor and customer relations; perusal of service contract documents and negotiating terms.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Accounting degree
- Significant progress towards the attainment of a Professional qualification in accounting field e.g. CA, ACCA, CIS, CIMA
- 4 years’ work experience with at least 2 years at supervisory level in accounting field
- Strong accounting background
- Class 4 driver’s license
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Good writing and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate at all levels
- Good analytical skills for financial and business information
- Persuasive negotiation skills
- Proactivity and strong ability to identify solutions to business problems
- Computer literacy
- In depth appreciation of business information systems and accounting software packages
- Proficiency with Microsoft office packages i.e. Ms Excel, Ms Word and Outlook
- High levels of ethics and integrity
Interested candidates are to send their applications and CVs via e-mail to email@example.com by no later than 31 March, 2021 clearly marked:
Assistant Accountant: Finance & Administration, FBC Building Society
Location: Corporate Finance, FBC Holdings
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to embark on a graduate training programme within Corporate Finance, FBC Holdings.
Maintaining adequate documentation of files and feedback on projects.
Providing all necessary and advisory work on sustainability projects.
Executing due diligence exercises such as environmental, social and risk assessment.
Preparing and/or reviewing climate finance presentations, concept papers and business proposals depending on context.
Researching and developing sustainability operational standards.
Developing climate related financing instruments.
Providing technical guidance to management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc in Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Policy, Sustainable Development Studies or any other degree from Social Science disciplines.
- Working towards an advanced qualification in Climate Finance, Sustainability, Environmental Science or Environmental Economics is an added advantage.
- Prior entry level exposure to the projects monitoring and evaluation work exposure in a civic society work environment such as Non-Governmental Organizations with a bias towards the environment, sustainable agriculture and water development, Climate Change or UN related Agencies.
COMPETENCE AND SKILLS
- Elementary understanding of climate change adaptation and mitigation approaches as well as the global climate finance architecture.
- Interest in policy dialogue and cross-institutional collaboration at the highest level, including with representatives of government and non-government partners.
- Ability to use standard data collection, data analysis as well as monitoring and evaluating computer software, especially MS office as well as data entry/statistical packages such as MS Access, SPSS, Minitab and Epi Info or Nvivo.
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills, with ability to provide and facilitate trainings, focus groups
- Language diversity as well as ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment and build effective working relations with various stakeholders such as regulators, investors, suppliers, clients and colleagues.
Interested candidates are to send their applications and CVs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 24 March, 2021 clearly marked:
Graduate Trainee - Climate Finance: Corporate Finance